Your Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) needs updating every three years. For most Health and Wellbeing Boards, this means publishing a revised assessment by April 2021. The PNA is a complex process which needs to fully comply with Pharmaceutical Regulations - you will need to fully understand the regulations as failure to produce a legally compliant PNA could result in a legal challenge.
Capacity in most organisations is a challenge and the dedicated time to produce a PNA is enormous - it usually takes a full 12 months from initiation to completion. You will need to consider having a dedicated project management team and factor in time to write a 200+ page document.
With specialist expertise in the production and publication of 22 PNAs in total, our highly experienced PNA delivery team worked with 12 HWBs during 2017/18 delivering all PNAs on time and within budget.
We have developed leading-edge thinking and a robust delivery methodology, instilling confidence in the broad cross-section of stakeholders we engage with, including Councils to LPCs and CCGs to Healthwatch. The ability to draw on our vast commissioning, medicines management, regulatory and community pharmacy experience and identify local pharmaceutical needs is what makes us different.
Complete Support Package - consultancy, project management, tools and templates to oversee the entire project and production of the final PNA on your behalf.
Collaborative Outsource Model - support for you to develop a comprehensive PNA by providing the framework and skills needed which you may not currently have the capacity or expertise to manage entirely within your organisation.
We will help you deliver:
• Governance and Terms of Reference for the PNA Steering Group
• Detailed project and mobilisation plan, with associated plan maintenance
• RAG rated risk and issue log
• Corporate risk register entry
• Questionnaire for community pharmacies and pharmacy users
• Stakeholder engagement plan
• Consultation project plan
• Mapping for the PNA
• Draft PNA document for consultation
• Equality Impact Analysis (EIA)
• 60-day consultation and findings report
• Final fit for purpose PNA that meets the requirements of the NHS (Pharmaceutical and Local Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2013
• Recommendations for maintaining PNA post publication and templates for supplementary statements
Get in touch to learn more about how we can help you keep your existing PNA alive and relevant or to start the process for your 2021 PNA.
“Soar Beyond were commissioned to undertake our 2015 and 2018 Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment due to their expertise, as well as their robust and thorough approach to document production. Throughout the process, Soar Beyond were proactive, flexible, responsive and committed to producing the highest quality PNA possible.
The resulting documents have been very well received by our Health and Wellbeing Board. We are continuing to use Soar Beyond to keep our PNA up to date over the next three years through the supplementary statement process.”
Natacha Bines – Head of Population Insight, Suffolk County Council