As part of our candidate application and recruitment process, Soar Beyond collects, processes and stores personal information about you. We process this information for a range of purposes relating to the recruitment process and this may include your application, assessment, pre-employment screening, and your worker permissions. This document sets out:
- Why we collect your personal information;
- What information is collected and;
- How it is processed within the recruitment process.
Throughout this Privacy Notice we use the term “processing” to cover all activities involving your personal information, including collecting, handling, storing, sharing, accessing, using, transferring and disposing of the information.
Why do we collect your personal information?
In order to manage your application, we need to process certain personal information about you. The purposes for this are set out below. We only process your information as necessary for the purposes of progressing your application or as required by law or regulatory requirements, so not all of the purposes set out below will apply to you all of the time.
- Application: CV, name, address, employment history, academic and professional qualifications, age, diversity (i.e. gender. ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation), nationality, previous disciplinary matters;
- Assessment: CV, psychometric tests (such as a situational judgement test, ability or personality test), interview (face to face, telephone or video), behavioural assessments (such as a role play, group exercise or presentation), technical assessments;
- Pre-employment screening (PES): Reference checks, criminal record checks through Disclosure Barring Service (DBS), right to work information.
What personal information might we process?
Here are some examples of the type of information we may process. There’s a full list in the schedule at the end of this notice.
- Personal details such as name, address, date and place of birth;
- Work history/job data; previous employers, positions, dates, etc;
- Compensation; basic salary, benefits, bonuses, etc;
- Education and work history including professional qualifications and skills;
- Employer feedback / references to include regulated references where necessary;
- Nationality / visa / right to work permit information; (e.g. passport, driving licence, National Insurance numbers);
- Photographs and images from recorded assessments or from onsite CCTV;
- Results of Pre-employment screening checks (e.g. credit history, criminal records checks where permitted under local law);
- Assessment results e.g. Psychometric assessment results, results from gamification and video or telephone assessment.
During the process we also capture some sensitive personal data about you (e.g. disability information). We do this to make reasonable adjustments to enable our candidates to apply for jobs with us, to be able to take online/telephone assessments, to attend interviews/assessment centres, to prepare for starting at Soar Beyond (if successful) and to ensure that we comply with regulatory obligations placed on us in relation to our hiring.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Soar Beyond will need to share your personal information internally and maybe required to share it with some external parties or associates of Soar Beyond. Your information will only be shared if it is necessary or required (for example in order to carry out Pre-employment screening).
The recruitment process will involve:
- Assessing and progressing your application;
- Assessing your suitability (skills, strengths, behaviours for the role);
- Activities needed to complete the on-boarding and screening process should your application be successful.
To enable these processes your personal information may be shared internally, but the information shared is limited to that which is required by each individual to perform their role in the recruitment process.
Your personal information may be shared internally with the following people:
- Those employees who would have managerial responsibility for you or are acting on their behalf;
- Our HR Consultant who may have responsibility for certain HR processes (for example recruitment, assessment, pre-employment screening);
- Anybody else with responsibility for investigating issues of non-compliance with laws and regulations, policies and contractual requirements;
- Employees in IT and system owners who manage user access;
- Security managers for facilities / premises.
Soar Beyond may also need to share your information with certain external third parties including:
- Companies who provide candidate interview and assessment services to Soar Beyond;
- Suppliers who undertake background screening on behalf of Soar Beyond (credit checking agencies, criminal checking bureaus, etc.);
- Academic institutions (Universities, colleges, etc.) in validating information you’ve provided;
- Other third-party suppliers (or potential suppliers), who provide services on our behalf.
How do we protect your information?
Our HR and Recruitment systems are protected to ensure that unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal information, accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information does not occur.
Soar Beyond also requires its third-party suppliers or recipients of personal information to guarantee the same level of protection as provided by Soar Beyond. Your personal information will be retained in accordance with Soar Beyond’s Managing Records Policy (which means that we may hold some information after your application to Soar Beyond is complete).
You are entitled to see the information Soar Beyond holds about you. You can also request changes to be made to incorrect information. You can ask for information to be deleted or blocked if you legitimately think that Soar Beyond shouldn’t be processing that information or is processing it incorrectly.
If you have any queries about this notice or your personal information generally, including questions about accessing your personal information or correcting it, you should email email@example.com in the first instance.
It is your responsibility to keep your personal information up to date so that accurate application records can be maintained.
As part of the Selection process, Soar Beyond performs a number of screening checks, where permitted by local law. These checks are only performed on candidates who have been selected for a role. Your consent will be requested before screening checks are performed.
Criminal records checks
Given the nature of our business, we have legal and regulatory obligations to ensure that the people we employ can be relied upon to handle client money and information responsibly. We therefore ask questions about any prior civil or criminal proceedings you may have been subject to and may also conduct criminal record checks.
Soar Beyond’s entitlement to process your personal information is governed by a number of processing conditions. This means that we may rely on more than one of these conditions to process elements of your personal information throughout the recruitment process.
- Soar Beyond will process your personal information in the administration of your application.
- Soar Beyond will also process your personal information where it is required by law or regulation or it is in the legitimate interests of the applicant or Soar Beyond. This processing will always be fair and lawful and will at all times comply with the principles of applicable privacy laws in the country where you have applied to be employed.
- During the course of your application it may also be necessary for Soar Beyond or its suppliers to process your sensitive personal information.
Schedule 1: Full list of information we may process
- Name, work and home contact details
- Date and place of birth
- Education and work history
- Individual demographic information in compliance with legal requirements (such as marital status, national identifier, passport/visa information, nationality, citizenship, military service, disability, work permit, date and place of birth or gender)
- Health issues requiring adaptations to working environment
- Job title, grade and job history
- Employment contract related information (including compensation, location, hours of work and so on)
- Reporting and managerial relationships
- Leaves of absence (such as maternity leave, sickness absence)
- Disciplinary / grievance records
- Time and attendance details
- Bank account details for salary payment purposes
- Expenses such as travel and expenses claimed from Soar Beyond
- Skills and qualifications
- Training history and plans
- Results of original and ongoing employee screening, where relevant
- Details provided in relation to Conduct policies (such as conflicts of interest, personal account dealing, trade body membership and so on)
- Health & safety incidents, accidents at work and associated records
- Building CCTV images
- Audio recordings of telephone interviews
- Video recordings of interviews
- Notes from face to face interviews
- Psychometric test results and associated reports
- Results from behavioural assessments (e.g. Assessment Centre exercises)
- Results from technical assessments
* These categories of information might potentially include some sensitive personal information. Sensitive personal information is not routinely collected about all applicants, it may be collected where Soar Beyond has a legal obligation to do so, or if you choose to disclose it to us during the course of your relationship with Soar Beyond.